понедељак, 27. август 2012.

A trip to the southwest

Not much had happened since my last post - went to all beaches in Bata several times, ate various reptiles, found out my return date, etc.

Last Sunday I decided to visit Cogo, a place in the mouth of a river into the ocean, near the border with Gabon. One friend and I got up at 6am and headed to Bata to pick up Spaniards. Around 9am we were there, looked at some map on the wall of their office  and decided to visit Cabo San Juan as well (I heard it was nice).

To cut the story short, we ended up nowhere. The road to Cogo was cut by a river (the bridge is still in the faze of construction); Cabo San Juan is a village, with crappy beach, in the middle of nothing (100km of dirt-road); if it weren't for hotel in Mbini and cold beers and rum, we would spent our whole day in the car. 

Summary, 600km covered - nothing to see. Good thing is that the gas is free. 

But no remorse, I laughed and made fun with all of them the whole time. It was a friendship-building journey :D 

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар